Data Privacy Statement
2. Data protection
1. When you visit the ALSO website, both general information and person-related data are recorded and collected automatically (i.e. not by registration). We use the person-related data specifically for processing orders, delivering goods, checking creditworthiness, processing payments, preventing misuse of our internet site, and informing you about orders, products, services, and offerings. When necessary, we collect data about your online interactions with our company (for example, the pages that you visit and the links and advertisements that you click). The webservers that are used store as standard, for example, the name of your internet service provider, the website from which you visit us, our websites that you visit, and your IP address. These items of information are used exclusively to improve the attractiveness, contents, and functionalities of our website. If data are communicated to external service providers, we ensure by technical and organizational means that the data protection regulations are observed.
2. The careful handling of person-related data is of central importance for ALSO. When collecting, processing, and using data, we strictly adhere to the legal stipulations. In certain operations, (e.g. participation in competitions, contacting us, submission of your job application documents, use of protected areas, etc.), you voluntarily reveal to us some of your person-related data. You therefore agree that ALSO may use the person-related data that you submit for processing the respective business transaction or, should the occasion arise, use your address and order data for marketing purposes, make them accessible to other companies within the ALSO Group, or communicate your person-related data to third parties. If third-party providers have access to these data, the protection of your person-related data is always assured by corresponding contracts and restrictions of purpose. Needless to say, you can at any time revoke your permission for the use and processing of your data, especially for marketing purposes, by sending us a corresponding notification. You can do this with a formless notification to the e-mail address email@example.com.
3. We store person-related data for as long as it is necessary to perform a service that you have requested, or to which you have agreed, provided that there are no legal obligations to the contrary, such as, for example, archiving periods under commercial or tax law.
4. ALSO has implemented technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against manipulation, loss, and destruction, as well as against access, by unauthorized persons. These measures are continuously updated and improved to correspond with technological development. Your person-related data are transmitted over the internet from your computer to our server and vice versa in encrypted form. The actual level of encryption depends inter alia on your computer. Always use the latest browser so that you can encrypt your data with 128 bits.
After you leave www.also.com, you can manually delete cookies from the hard disk of your computer if, for example, a fault in the internet connection makes it impossible for them to be removed automatically.
6. On its internet pages, ALSO uses Webtrekk, a web analysis service of the Webtrekk GmbH company. Some of the data that are recorded when you visit our internet pages are used for statistical analysis. For this purpose, we transmit those data to Webtrekk GmbH. This statistical analysis helps us to correspondingly optimize our offering. Webtrekk GmbH is certified for data protection in the web controlling sector. Your IP address is transmitted along with every server inquiry so that the server knows where to send the reply. Every user obtains the IP address from an internet service provider (ISP) as soon they connect to the internet and the ISP can detect which IP address is assigned to which of its customers and when. However, your IP address is only stored anonymously. In principle, no conclusions regarding your personal identification can be drawn, unless you have previously logged into our website with your customer data and remain permanently so logged-in during your visit to the website. Your data are captured by setting a pixel which is integrated in the website. Webtrekk uses session cookies as well as so-called "last-click" cookies, which are deleted when you terminate your browser session. Webtrekk also uses so-called "ever" cookies, whose lifetime does not exceed six months and/or which are deleted at the latest after being used for a defined number of times. The cookies are therefore pseudonyms. Webtrekk does not combine these user data with other data about the bearer of the pseudonym. These data are deleted as soon as their storage is no longer required for the preparation of the usage analysis or if the user requests their deletion.
You may refuse the storage of your anonymous visitor data that have been recorded so that they will not be recorded again in the future. To exclude you from Webtrekk Web Controlling, a cookie will be set. Your refusal is valid for as long as you do not delete the cookie.
7. ALSO uses the Tealeaf monitoring program. This program enables faults on our internet pages to be detected and remedied. When required, Tealeaf also helps us to collect data about your online interactions with our company and to analyze your behavior during your visit to our internet pages. The interpretation of this analysis using Tealeaf enables us to understand how you use our internet pages. In addition, we receive information that is necessary to ensure a best-possible customer experience and to further develop our website tailored to your specific requirements.
9. Our website may contain links to external websites of third parties over whose contents we have no control. We can therefore accept no responsibility for those third-party contents. In all cases, responsibility for the contents of the linked pages rests with the respective provider or operator of those pages. At the time when they were linked, the linked pages were examined for possible legal infringements. At the time when they were linked, no legal infringements were identified. However, without specific indications of legal infringements, constant monitoring of the contents of the linked pages is impractical. Should legal infringements become known to us, we will immediately remove the affected links. The foregoing also applies to links from other websites to our website that are known to us.
10. You have the right to inspect all data relating to your person that are stored by us and to have them corrected if necessary. For this purpose, we request your written notification to the address stated in the Impressum.
Status: February 2015