Knox is Samsung’s guarantee of security, and a secure device gives you the freedom to work and play how, where, and when you want. Samsung Knox consists of a highly secure platform built into Samsung devices and a set of solutions that leverage this platform. Whether you’d like to keep your personal photos private, or remotely manage a batch of business smart phones, Knox has you covered.
The Samsung Knox platform is built into Samsung smart phones, tablets, and wearables at the manufacturing stage, so you have it the moment you unpack your device. The Knox platform consists of overlapping defense and security mechanisms that protect against intrusion, malware, and more malicious threats.
Knox Platform for Enterprise is the updated Knox Workspace solution. It allows IT admins to access the full range of Knox platform features without creating an on-device container. Admins may still deploy the Knox Workspace managed container if they choose. Unlike other containerization solutions, the keys for encrypting and decrypting the Knox Workspace container are derived in the device chip set. Any apps, email or files stored in the Knox Workspace container are encrypted and can only be accessed when the user enters their PIN, password, pattern, or through biometric authentication.
- Remote container lock by IT admin
- File Access Management to set expiry dates for documents stored in the container.
- Flexible container unlock methods, including 2-step authentication or Active Directory-based unlock.
Knox Configure helps you remotely configure a large number of Samsung devices and tailor them to specific needs with the cloud-based Knox Configure. Create profiles with device settings, restrictions, apps, and other content, and enrolled devices will automatically receive them via WiFi and mobile data. Knox Configure offers 2 editions; Dynamic Edition and Setup Edition.
- Fine-tune devices to specific business settings automatically and seamlessly during initial device setup.
- Promote and embed your company’s brand on a device, including animated boot up screens and personalized business apps.
- Transform off-the-shelf devices into single-purpose devices and deliver UX that suits the business.
- Change a wide range of device settings at the granular level and take full control of corporate-liable devices.