Our primary goal is not to meet minimum legal requirements but to be among the best in exercising entrepreneurial responsibility.
The attorney Dr. Carsten Thiel von Herff is the ombudsman of the ALSO Group for compliance issues. The ombudsman is available to staff members and third parties as an independent, external contact for information regarding violations of the ALSO code of conduct, particularly in cases of criminal acts or agreements restricting competition. Dr. Thiel von Herff is professionally obligated to maintain confidentiality; upon request, he will also investigate complaints/tips provided anonymously. The information will be forwarded to ALSO only after consultation with the provider of the information. The objective is to assist the company in handling compliance violations without the person providing information about the violations having to fear adverse effects.
Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct is the foundation of our corporate ethics. It guides all our commercial activities and daily interactions. Our Code of Conduct can be summarised by the following basic rules:
- We respect human dignity and human rights. Every employee at ALSO receives the same opportunities without discrimination.
- We follow the laws of our respective jurisdiction as well as internal regulations and commitments. In particular this applies to the prohibition of entering into anti-competitive agreements and the prohibition of accepting or offering improper advantages.
- We avoid entering into a conflict of interest to the detriment of ALSO, in particular, it is not permitted to engage in activities that compete with ALSO.
- We keep confidential information like business, financial or technical data of ALSO and other confidential internal documents and data secret.
- We are asked to assist in the enforcement of the ALSO principles of conduct and to pay attention to the company’s reputation.