Nowadays, just about every business makes heavy use of SaaS, PaaS and SaaS (Software, Platform and Infrastructure as a Service). However, we've started witnessing one of the greatest changes of the decade.
Cloud Computing Has Failed to Address Its Limitations
● The cloud model requires to transfer data from end devices to data centers far away.
● It is 100% dependent on Internet light-speed connectivity to deliver services worldwide.
● This hinders the overall SaaS experience and makes it impossible to rely on cloud for real-time processing.
There Is a Totally New Computing Paradigm
● Wireless-enabled and autonomous smart devices have gradually been overtaking the traditional LAN-attached end-user workstation.
● Miniaturized devices have sensors on board and can collect data, but they are lacking the CPU, storage and memory to execute programs.
● The IT industry has been forced to look into other ways to process data with a decentralized approach.
What Is Edge Computing?
Edge computing refers to the process of computing data ‘at the edge’ of the network.
An edge computing infrastructure literally consists of micro data centers (or ‘cloudlets’) that are deployed in cell towers, public infrastructure, or any kind of connected equipment in offices and homes.
These edge nodes being closer to the end devices, computing is done directly at – or near – the source of data, as opposed to relying on a cloud data center that may be thousands of kilometers away.
How Ormuco Is Leading Edge Computing
As a telco, service provider or software company, you may be working on your next service for local, regional or global outreach. Or, maybe you're struggling to deliver fast and reliable services using your current infrastructure and you're looking for an alternative.
An edge computing deployment with Ormuco is exactly what you need
1. Ormuco is flexible enough to run on commodity hardware, not just enterprise systems. This means you can deploy small edge nodes and quickly start benefiting from a distributed architecture.
2. Ormuco enables automated provisioning and management of an unlimited number of sites, including thousands of edge computing cloudlets in different regions of the world.
3. It fits heterogeneous environments with workloads deployed as bare metal servers, virtual machines, and Docker containers with Kubernetes.
4. Ormuco gives you all the tools to develop, sell, and monthly bill your products from a single portal. Your developers can install instances of Gitlab, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, and other popular platforms right from Ormuco.
5. Ormuco is fully brandable, so you can offer the best services under your name, as plenty of our biggest customers are doing.
Visit our web page for more details: https://ormuco.com/edge
Want to See How Our Clients Use Ormuco?
Come visit us at our booth and let’s talk about your use cases.
Lately, we’ve been working on a project with a worldwide media provider to streamline their TV broadcasting platform.
Learn more with our new eBook at: https://go.ormuco.com/ebook-tvbroadcasting